Did You Know? The total revenue for the global mobile app market reached $462bn in 2019. And it is predicted to generate more revenue by 2023 and up to $936bn.
In today’s digital age, the development of mobile apps has become necessary for businesses of all sizes. With a vast user base, Android has become one of the most popular mobile operating systems. To make your business more accessible and engaging to customers, an Android app can be an excellent investment.
Additionally, in order to develop an Android app that is market-centric, we need to hire the best Android app development company that has skilled developers. However, hiring the right Android app developer can be a challenging task, as there are so many options available in the market.
Hence, in this blog post, we’ll guide you through hiring the right Android app development services for your project. We’ll cover the essential factors to consider, the skills required to identify the right talent, and a few tips to ace your hiring process.
Why Hire Android App Developers?
There are several reasons why you might want to hire Android app developers, including
Android app developers have the skills and expertise required to create high-quality Android apps. They are knowledgeable about the latest trends and technologies in the Android app development services industry and can use that knowledge to create apps that meet your specific requirements.
Android app developers can customize your app according to your business needs. They can design and develop an app that is specific to your business, ensuring that it meets your unique requirements and helps you stand out in a crowded marketplace.
By hiring an Android app developer, you can save money in the long run. They can help you avoid costly mistakes and ensure that your app is developed efficiently, which can save you time and money in the long run.
Android app developers can help you save time by taking care of the entire app development process. They can handle everything from the initial design and development to testing and deployment, freeing up your time to focus on other important aspects of your business.
Android app developers can provide ongoing support for your app after it has been developed. They can help you with updates, bug fixes, and other maintenance tasks to ensure that your app remains up-to-date and functioning properly.
Overall, hiring Android app developers can help you create a high-quality, customized app that meets your specific business needs and helps you stand out in a competitive marketplace.
Skills To Look For When Hiring Android App Developers
When hiring Android app developers, there are several essential skills and qualities to look for. Some of the key skills and qualities to consider include:
1) Proficiency in Java and Kotlin
Android app developers should have a strong foundation in Java and Kotlin programming languages, which are the primary languages used to develop Android apps.
2) Knowledge of Android SDK and APIs
Android app developers should be familiar with the Android software development kit (SDK) and the various APIs that are available for Android app development.
3) Experience with mobile app development
It’s important to look for developers who have experience specifically in mobile app development, as this is a different type of development than web or desktop applications.
4) Understanding of UI/UX design principles
Developers should be able to create a visually appealing and user-friendly app. An understanding of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design principles is essential.
5) Knowledge of database management
Developers should have knowledge of database management, particularly SQL, which is used to store and retrieve data from the app.
Overall, these skills and qualities are essential for Android app developers to possess in order to create high-quality, functional, and user-friendly mobile apps.
Did You Know?
As per Statista, the Android market share is expected to reach 87.4% by the end of 2023.
How To Hire The Right Android App Developer?
Here are some tips that can help you Hire Android App Developer for your project:
1) Clearly define your project requirements
Before you start the hiring process, make sure you have a clear idea of what you want your Android app to do, what features you want to include, and what your budget and timeline are. This will help you identify the specific skills and experience you’re looking for in an Android app developer.
2) Look for relevant experience
Look for developers who have experience working on similar projects to yours. This can include experience with the specific programming languages, frameworks, and tools that you’ll need for your project.
3) Check their portfolio
Ask for the developer’s portfolio of previous work and examine their apps in the app store to evaluate the quality of their work. This will help you determine if their design and development skills meet your expectations.
4) Test their technical skills
Conduct a technical interview or provide a coding test to assess the candidate’s technical skills, including their knowledge of Android app development, programming languages, and databases.
5) Look for collaborative qualities
Look for developers who can work collaboratively with your team, are willing to take feedback, and can provide suggestions on how to improve the app.
6) Don’t rush the hiring process
Take your time to evaluate candidates, ask follow-up questions, and conduct multiple rounds of interviews if necessary. Rushing the hiring process can lead to hiring the wrong person.
By following these tips, you can hire the best Android app developer for your project, who can bring your app to life and help you achieve your business goals. But, there are also a few mistakes that need to be avoided while hiring Android app developers.
Mistakes To Avoid When Hiring Android App Developers
Hiring Android app developers can be a challenging task, especially if you’re not familiar with the technical aspects of the role. Here are some common hiring mistakes that you should avoid while hiring Android app developers:
1) Insufficient Design Sense
When hiring Android app developers, it’s important to ensure that they have a strong sense of product design. Here are some practices to avoid an inadequate sense of product design:
- Ignoring design skills: Design is a critical aspect of mobile app development, and hiring a developer who lacks design skills can result in a poorly designed app. Look for developers who have experience with UI/UX design and can provide examples of their past work.
- Neglecting user experience: A good app design should prioritize the user experience, and hiring a developer who does not understand the importance of UX can result in a frustrating user experience. Look for developers who have experience with user research, and user testing, and can demonstrate a user-centric design approach.
- Not considering branding: A well-designed app should also align with your brand’s image and messaging. Hiring a developer who does not take branding into account can result in an app that does not align with your brand values.
- Not asking for a portfolio: A portfolio is a great way to assess a candidate’s design skills and experience. Make sure to ask for a portfolio and review it carefully to evaluate the candidate’s design work.
2) No Experience In UI & Material Designing
When hiring Android app developers, it’s important to ensure that they have experience in UI and Material Design. Here are some practices to avoid hiring developers with no experience in UI and Material Design:
- Not reviewing portfolios: A developer’s portfolio can provide insight into their design skills and experience. Make sure to review their portfolio to see if they have experience in UI and Material Design.
- Focusing solely on technical skills: While technical skills are important, design skills are also critical in creating a well-designed app. Make sure to evaluate a developer’s design skills during the interview process.
- Not conducting a design exercise: You can assess a developer’s design skills by conducting a design exercise during the interview process. This can help you to evaluate their ability to create a well-designed app that meets your business needs.
- Not providing design guidance: If you are hiring a developer who lacks experience in UI and Material Design, make sure to provide them with guidance on your design requirements. This can help to ensure that they create an app that aligns with your design vision.
3) No Experience With App Releases
When hiring Android app developers, it’s important to ensure that they have experience with app releases on Google Play. Here are some practices to avoid hiring developers with no experience with app releases on Google Play:
- Not asking about app release experience: During the interview process, make sure to ask candidates about their experience with app release on Google Play. Ask about the release process, the tools they use, and any challenges they have faced.
- Not checking references: Make sure to check a candidate’s references and ask about their experience with app release on Google Play. This can provide insight into their past performance and the quality of their work.
- Ignoring app release as a critical skill: App release is a critical skill for an Android app developer, as it determines whether or not the app can be published and downloaded by users. Ignoring this skill can result in delays or problems with the app release process.
- Not reviewing past app release work: Review a candidate’s past work and ask about their experience with app release on Google Play. This can provide insight into their ability to successfully release an app.
4) No Experience Of Full-Stack Development
When hiring Android app developers, it’s important to ensure that they have experience with full-stack development. Here are some practices to avoid hiring developers with no full-stack development experience:
- Failing to specify full-stack development requirements in job postings: When posting a job ad, make sure to specify that you are looking for a developer with full-stack development experience. This can help to attract developers who have the necessary skills and experience.
- Not asking about full-stack development experience: During the interview process, make sure to ask candidates about their experience with full-stack development. Ask about their experience with back-end technologies and frameworks, as well as front-end development.
- Focusing solely on front-end development: While front-end development is important for Android app development, back-end development is also critical. Make sure to evaluate a candidate’s full-stack development experience during the interview process.
- Not conducting a technical assessment: You can assess a developer’s full-stack development skills by conducting a technical assessment during the interview process. This can help you to evaluate their ability to develop both the front-end and back-end of an app.
Hiring the right Android app developer is crucial for the success of your project. By following the information mentioned above, you can increase the chances of finding a skilled and reliable developer who will bring your vision to life.
Remember, cost should not be the only factor when making a decision. Instead, focus on the developer’s experience, previous work, innovative approach, and support for post-development tasks. And don’t forget to consider working with a reputable and certified Android app development services for added peace of mind.
If you’re looking for a reliable and experienced Android app development company, our team at iByte Infomatics is ready to help. Contact us today to discuss your project and see how we can bring your ideas to life.