Are you thinking of making an app like WhatsApp and wondering how to make it possible? Well, we have presented a complete guide on how to create a messaging app like WhatsApp. This article will guide you from scratch and help you take the right steps towards building an app like WhatsApp.
Nowadays, messaging apps like WhatsApp, TikTok, and Facebook have exceeded the expectations of users worldwide and are growing faster than everyone’s expectations. These chatting apps are gaining popularity among users of almost all age groups and thus are the best means of communication for the present. It helps you stay personally and professionally connected with the people, no matter where you are.
All About Whatsapp
|Initial Release Date||3 May 2009|
|Parent Organization||Facebook (February 2014)|
|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California, United States|
|Platforms||Available on iOS, Windows, and Android|
|Cofounders||Jan Koum & Brian Acton|
- In 180 countries and 60 languages, WhatsApp is available.
- 58 million times people have downloaded WhatsApp in November 2020, 17 million of which come from India, its biggest market.
- 2 billion people worldwide use WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Business App has gained more than 5M users
- More than 5 million users daily put their status in WhatsApp
7 Reasons Behind The Success of WhatsApp
- Best replacement for SMS text messages
- Whatsapp works well on multiple platforms (iOS, Windows, Android)
- Simple to operate
- Minimum viable product (MVP)
- Ad-free experience
- Keep evolving
- Reliable, fast, and secure
Steps to Make A Messaging App Like Whatsapp
Here are the following steps to create a messaging app like WhatsApp:
- Selection of the right business model
- Hire experienced developers or outsource mobile app development company
- UI/UX designing (Wireframing, Prototyping)
- Development process
- Application testing
- Final stable product
6 Basic Features an Instant Messaging App Must-Have
- Single and group chat rooms
- Video and voice communication
- Push notifications to widen the engagement
- Personalized profiles and status
- Geolocation and live location sharing
- End to end encryption
10 Features You Can Add to Make Your App an Advanced One
- WhatsApp Payments
- Fingerprint lock
- New Media Management Tool
- Disappearing Messages
- Video Conferencing
- QR Codes
- Permanent Mute Option
- Dark Mode
- Advanced Search Mode
- Real-time Language Translation
Why Choose iByte Infomatics to Create A Messaging App Like WhatsApp?
We help you count as a brand leader that brings fame to your brand. By following a systematic approach, we create measurable results and here are our 8 strong points that make us the best among our competitors
Actively Listen to Our Customers – We dedicate our time to understanding the needs of our customers and then simplifying their ideas to create a successful app like WhatsApp.
Competitor Research – It is important for your business to recognize your competitors and know what they are doing to keep their business on the right track. Therefore, to create efficient solutions for your company at iByte Infomatics, we identify your competitors and conduct research on their products, sales, and marketing strategies.
Strategize Everything – We have a separate team and set of tools to do everything strategically before starting the development process. This helps an organization to get a better view of opportunities, competition, and market conditions.
Risk Management System – Our risk management team is good at identifying potential problems. Thus, protects assets, maintains continuity of the organization’s activities, and makes effective decisions.
Unique Selling Point –The mobile apps that we develop are known for their unique identity in the market. We develop a specific selling point and always try to make our customer’s apps better than their competitors.
Design Simple but Effective Apps – The simplicity attracts more from creating advanced complex designs because users are mostly fitted with apps that are easy to navigate and visually appealing. Our team also works on the same concept and believes that the simple the feature is, the better your app will be.
Use Right Tech Stack – We use a correct technology stack that drives results and shortens mobile application development time.
Only Approve Stable Solutions and Measure Scalability – We have a strong testing team that repeatedly measures the load time and performance of the app, and maintaining the quality of the mobile app is their main priority. Furthermore, to test scalability, we use several parameters, be it at the hardware level, software level, or database level.
Best 10 Free WhatsApp Alternatives
- Telegram Messenger (owned by Pavel Durov)
- Discord (owned by Jason Citron)
- Snapchat (owned by Snap Inc)
- Skype (owned by Microsoft Corporation)
- LINE (owned by Naver Corporation)
- Google Hangouts (owned by Google)
- Viber (owned by Rakuten Viber)
- HighSide (owned by Brendan Diaz)
- Threema (owned by Threema GmbH)
- Signal (owned by Brian Acton)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost if you build a chat app like WhatsApp?
If you don’t want to include the voice call feature, expect the app to cost anywhere from $40,000 to $55,000. The estimate may vary and it depends on the features and platforms you choose. Unlike game applications, the development of a messaging app similar to WhatsApp is simple and economical.
- Are there any apps that are similar to Whatsapp?
Line, Snapchat, Skype, Discord, and Slack are some of the best alternatives to WhatsApp with over 1 million downloads.
- Is it a good idea to develop a mobile app clone?
For budding entrepreneurs, developing mobile app clones is a great way to reduce development costs. In addition, it saves a lot of time.
- What is the minimum age to sign up on WhatsApp?
If you want to create your account on WhatsApp, you must be 16 years of age, but there is no age verification process, so a child with a phone number can easily create their profile on messaging apps like WhatsApp.
Want to build your own Chatting App like Whatsapp? Choose iByte Infomatics…